Could someone tell me where 2016 went? The holidays are upon us and while it’s an exciting time of year, it’s also an overwhelming time of year.
I don’t know about you but sometimes it feels like there is always somewhere to be, there’s a plan every weekend and I always need to have something to bring in hand. I mean, we never want to compromise on quality and we don’t want to be that person who brings store bought hummus to add to the potluck table. But do we really want to be in the kitchen for hours every day prepping for these gatherings? Not so much.
Enter the ultimate holiday entertaining savior: the crostini. These things are the bee’s knees, I swear. They’re quick, they’re easy, they’re flavorful and so undeniably pretty!
The ingredients are super simple but the presentation will impress.
I love the raspberries and mint around the holidays because they’re close in color to the standard red and green décor which makes me extremely happy.
These babies are crunchy, herbalicious, fruity and guaranteed to please any crowd. Crostinis to the rescue!
Honeyed Raspberry Goat Cheese Crostinis
Yields: 15 crostinis Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 baguette
- 2 pints of raspberries
- 1-2 pears, cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup of goat cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Slice the baguette into 15 one inch slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over each slice and bake on 350ºF for 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Spread goat cheese on each crostini. Place slices of pear and 2-3 raspberries on each crostini.
- Sprinkle fresh mint on top and drizzle honey over each crostini. Serve!