Holler if you love a good dip.
I’m talkin’ the kind that you could make a meal out of. The ‘give me a veggie, cracker or spoon and I’ll go to town’ dip. You can add this red pepper feta concoction to that list.
With New Years Eve around the corner and the holiday season coming to a close, I’m really just in the mood for easy-peasy items that still please the masses. This red pepper feta dip hits the spot.
Other than roasting the red peppers and onions, the extent of this ‘recipe’ (if you can even call it that) consists of tossing ingredients into a food processor. You can even skip the fresh peppers for the roasted peppers in a jar and the flavor will still be there. With heaping hunks of feta, garlic, olive oil and red peppers all in one bite, what’s not to love?
And for all the winos out there, this goes GREAT with wine. I would know, the wine drinking department is kinda my expertise.
A crowd pleasing delight every time, red pepper feta dip is here to save you from spending needless hours in the kitchen.
All hail dips.
Red Pepper Feta Dip
Yield: 1.5 cups Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 to 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 400 grams feta
- 2 tbsp + 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chili flakes (optional)
- dry oregano to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium frying pan and sauté the onions on low heat until caramelized. Remove onions from the pan a food processor. Set aside.
- In the same pan, put another tbsp. of olive oil and the red peppers and cook on medium until peppers are slightly charred. Turn pepper on the opposite side and sauté until charred.
- Turn heat on low. Add half of the chili flakes to the pan and continually stir for about 30 seconds. Remove peppers and chili flakes from the pan and put into a food processor.
- Add the onions and all remaining ingredients (add olive oil last). Process all ingredients until a smooth texture forms. If need be, add more olive oil to loosen the dip.