I’ve got a healthy, berry packed, coconuty popsicle to bring a smile to your face everytime…
Summer, is that you? Honestly, where have you been? Finally. Ontario strawberries have arrived and I am taking full advantage! Seriously though guys, these popsicles.
I don’t know about you but when summer comes around, it makes me want to get out of the house and literally eat everything in sight. This is not such a difficult feat living in Toronto with what are arguably some of the greatest restaurants in the world. Problem is, this is in complete contradiction to my other plan of getting beach bod ready. The struggle is too real guys! I know you feel this. Like, why can’t I just eat what I want and look halfway decent in a bathing suit? We only have like 4 months of actual warmth every year! I digress because I may have found a solution…
Yep, these popsicles are the answer. They are so simple to make and have no added sugar yet you’d think you were eating something super sugary and sweet.
Here’s the lowdown. Mix Greek yogurt with some coconut milk, coconut shavings and honey. Simmer fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with my favorite sugar substitute, stevia. Honestly, I’ve reached the point that I legitimately prefer the taste of stevia to sugar. My personal favorite brand is Stevia in the Raw. Layer the yogurt and berries in a popsicle mold and top them off with granola. That’s it! How easy does that sound?
The result is an ultimate cure to your sugar cravings, a filling snack and a color bomb on a stick! Just look at those beauties. You need them in your life like, now. A parfait in a popsicle? Yes, please.
So what are y’all waiting for?! These fresh and fun popsicles are sure to please every time! Do you have a cure to sugar cravings? Are there any other fun ingredients you would add to these popsicles? I would love to hear! Let me know in the comments below!
- 3 cups chopped berries
- 3 tbsp stevia (or honey)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut shavings
- 2/3 cup granola
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a saucepan bring berries and sugar to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, coconut milk, coconut shavings and 1 tbsp honey.
- In another small bowl mix together the granola and remaining honey.
- Pour a little of the yogurt mix, layer a bit of the granola, then berries and repeat. Finish each popsicle with granola and add wooden stick into each mold.
- Repeat for each popsicle mold and put in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours.