These little green goblins are here to make your day infinitely better!
It’s no secret that I’m a ginormous fan of pistachio and rose. If you’re not, I’m here to change your mind STAT. This combination is one thing, but then adding chocolate chips into the mix? Game. Changer.
Hello there, leaning tower of goodness! So, here’s the lowdown. President’s Choice brand pistachio ice cream is sandwiched in between 2 soft and buttery chocolate chunk cookies. Rose water is infused into the cookie batter along with hints of cardamom.
Did I mention that these cookies are topped with some Himalayan sea salt? So if sweet and salty really floats you’re boat, we’ve got you covered!
Is there really any better way to celebrate National ice cream day? I think not, my friends! What are you munching on today?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla
- sea salt, to taste
- pistachio ice cream (President's Choice brand is used here)
- Combine the flour, cardamom, sea salt (to your liking), baking soda in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl using a hand electric mixer or standing mixer, beat together the sugar and butter for about 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and rose into the wet mixture. Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips in batches and mix using a rubber spoon until just combined. Wrap the batter in plastic and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or leave overnight.
- Place the cookies in small batches on a baking sheet and cook at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more sea salt.
- Allow the cookies to cool and then place in the fridge until they are completely cold (about 45 minutes).
- Remove from the fridge and add plentiful scoops of pistachio ice cream to the bottom side of a cookie. Top with another cookie. Repeat this for the remaining cookies and then freeze for at least an hour. Serve cold!